December 12, 2016
At The Profit Key giving back is part of our DNA. We are passionate about supporting both global and local charities. Knowing that we are making a difference is important to us as an ethical business.
This year as being a partner in the global charity B1G1 we’ve donated;
- 130,100 days of access to life-saving clean water to families
- 125 trees given annual maintenance and protection in the rainforest
- 25 goats given to rural families to provide them a sustainable income for a year
- 100 pairs of glasses given to visually impaired people
- 100 sets of stationery given to children in Laos for a better education
- 1,721 learning tools given to children in School in Nepal
- 100 days of education given to children living in slums
- 30 days of shelter to children in Nepal
Closer to home Vikki, Sharon, Jane, Louise and Hayley from our team all took part in the cancer research ‘Mud Run’ and raised over £500 with donations from Family, friends, colleagues and clients.
We also supported a local charity at Christmas by every member of staff buying a toy to donate instead of a secret santa gift. The toys were then donated to The Marlene Reid Centre in Coalville who work with venerable families in the local area.
“Without the help from local people like The Profit Key we would not have such a successful appeal year after year.
Our Toy Appeal has now been running for more than 30 years and each year we know we make a difference to lots of local families, who for whatever reason, are unable to provide presents for their children at this special time of year.
It really is very kind and thoughtful of you all that you stop to think of other local children who might not be so lucky this Christmas – your donation will hopefully make them smile. – Lesley Massey Operations Manager, Marlene Reid Centre.
So looking back at 2016 I honestly say I am very proud of everything we have achieved through our charitable activity. 2017 is already shaping up to be an even better year as we are currently looking for another local charity to partner with and continue to grow our relationship with B1G1.